Saturday, October 6, 2007

Savannah...

Ok well last Saturday (Sept. 29th) Savannah fell off the Igloo thing (jungle gym) across the street and landed on her arm. She could move it and play with it so I thought everything was fine. But every time she hit it she would scream and cry that it really hurt but she didn't want to go to the doctor. So I put it off thinking it was fine. but I was getting frustrated that she kept hurting it so I decided today we would just go to Urgent care and pay a co-pay and for x-rays even if it wasn't broken and feel stupid and just at least know its fine. Well 3 hours later they come in and say, "Its broken"
Uh what how can that be??? So I have to take her to an orthopedic doctor on Monday and have them re brake it and set it since we waited a week to have her seen.... Ya that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I cant believe I screwed up so bad. I feel so bad. The only thing that makes me feel a little better is that Savannah doesn't seem to care. After we put a splint
on and wrapped it with 2 ace bandages and put a little carrier on it we came home and while I wasn't looking she ripped it all off because, and I quote, "Its in the way, Mom! I don't like it." So she doesn't want the sling on and she doesn't seem to notice its even broken. But come Monday she will notice and have to keep a cast on from the arm pit to the fingers.
I really feel bad, I feel so extremely bad. I actually hate myself right now for not trusting my instincts and just taking her to the ER last Saturday when she did it. UUGGG!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Since 4-7-2008


Get your myspace counter