Tuesday, April 12, 2011

On to the Hand quilting!!!

This is what it looks like with the binding on and not sewn to the back.
This is a close up of the starting point. You can't even tell that I really started here. Except a little back stitching on the front....
and on the back.
Here is a preview of what it will look like after I sew it to the back. Nice and clean corner.
Here is the back pinned to show you. (Probably Monique only cares, Hi Monique ;) )
I did it. I made a blanket about 45" x 60" Whoo Hoo!!! All that is left is the hand sewing and I have myself a blanket. Now to figure out where to put it. And what to start next. Maybe I can talk Jason into buying me another fabric set? Maybe I will make something out of the scraps from this blanket? I just don't know. Maybe I will put my iron away since its been out the whole time. (I think this is that longest time its been out. LOL) Maybe I will make the girls each a bag for church? maybe this is the start of making all the kids a blanket? I just don't know.

2 comments:

Monique said...

Looks good, the colors go together well. It is always nice to have a blanket for when you are cold and your hubby isn't...at least in these in between cold and hot nights.

I need another project too...I saw a skirt online I wanted to make. Don't know if I can find it again.

Unknown said...

cool I have never made clothing before. Maybe I should give it a try.

Total Pageviews

Since 4-7-2008


Get your myspace counter